Taking back to Factory Condtions

Bruja 11:47 14 May 10

I need to get my Laptop back to Factory conditions but apart from not knowing how, I am terrified of doing this!! Will it cause any problems, will I lose anything, etc.etc. Can some kindly soul please help me to do this....stage by stage?? Thankyou for reading this..

mooly 12:06 14 May 10

Make and model ? and we might have a chance :)

It's very safe to do... it returns it to as day one... so you have to reinstall everything again... and you WILL lose all your data (anything in documents, pictures, music etc) so back that up first.

If you do a reinstall... I would strongly recommend MSE... microsoft security essentials as a superb all round Antivirus product and it's ideal for a laptop...

johndrew 12:07 14 May 10

If you return your laptop to factory conditions you will return it to the condition it was when you bought it and everything you have put on it since will be removed/overwritten.

Not knowing what the manufacture of your laptop is, there are good articles/video on the web for many. For HP click here. For Dell click here.

Be certain about what you want before you decide to proceed.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:31 14 May 10

"I need to get my Laptop back to Factory conditions"

Why?

We may be able to help sort out any other problems before you need to do this.

woodchip 20:29 14 May 10

Some HP laptops do not remove you files it creates a folder and puts them in that. But you are better doing a backup to a External Drive using Acronis to Create a Image file

mooly 11:50 22 May 10

I need to get my Laptop back to Factory conditions but apart from not knowing how, I am terrified of doing this!! Will it cause any problems, will I lose anything, etc.etc. Can some kindly soul please help me to do this....stage by stage?? Thankyou for reading this..

Was it all to scary in the end... or did you do a reinstall ?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…