take ownership

qwesaws 08:43 22 Sep 09

I`ve downloaded a progam called "take ownership"but when I click on it to instal I get this message.
"this file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action.Create an association in the Set Associations control panel"
I can`t find this panel can someone help please.

Taff™ 09:51 22 Sep 09

You can do this from Control Panel>Folder Options then File Types Tab however ......

This doesn`t sound right. Can you provide a link to the program you downloaded and explain what you are trying to do. We need to check this file out first I think.

Taff™ 09:57 22 Sep 09

Two threads on a similar if not the same subject. click here Please mark this one as Resolved - tick and click the resolved button and keep your posts in the other one. We`ll work on that one.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:55 22 Sep 09

you will need to access an elevated command prompt, to do this:

1. Click the Start button.

2. Click All Programs.

3. Go into Accessories.

4. Right-click on Command Prompt.

5. Select Run as administrator.

6. When the UAC Prompt appears, click Continue.

Once you have your elevated command prompt, follow these steps:

For this example, we are going to use the file xxx.scr (assummingxxx.scr is in the windows syten32 folder.

1. At the command prompt, input takeown /f filepath (takeown /f c:\windows\system32\xxx.scr).

2. Press Enter on the keyboard.

3. A message will be displayed that this completed successfully.

4. Now input icacls filepath /grant yourusername:f (icacls c:\windows\system32\xxx.scr /grant shamanstears:f).

5. A message will be displayed that this completed successfully.

You will now be able to modify or replace the file. When you are done, simply remove the permissions to keep the file secure.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…