Take a look at this website

powerless 22:20 08 May 04

click here

VoG II 22:27 08 May 04

*Very* interesting. I still have fond memories of my Amiga Workbench click here which in those days was way ahead of Microsoft stuff (probably Windows 3.1 then, or maybe even more primitive).

Audeal 23:20 08 May 04

Well I still got 3 Amiga 1200's under my bench if anyone wants one. Not used for ten years but still in working order. ( at least they where ten years ago.)

bloo meeny 23:24 08 May 04

Thanks both for those - lots of memories there.

Be aware that on the link posted by VoG™ that when loaded, and clicking top right to access the forum it loads the "GATOR" advertising spyware.

I'm just off now to remove the damn thing :(

VoG II 23:28 08 May 04

I had an A600 - that's basically the A500 without the numeric keyboard. Added 1 MB ram making a grand total of 2 MB. I still reckon that the architecture used in those machines would still blow away most modern IBM-based chipset systems. The graphics were superb.

Audeal 23:47 08 May 04

Vog: Three is what I said and three is what I meant. I have not used any of them for about a year now. Two have not been used for about ten years though.It was used for Video editing along with my AV mixer, genlock and two "top notch" video recorders. It was also connected to a KPR Computer Editing System. But alas, it is all now obsolete and is collecting dust under the bench.

Ahh! The Memories. Those where the days, Computers that never broke down and just kept going and going.

ch0pper 00:16 09 May 04

Ah .. I remember OS2 and Win3.1. I do wish that MSoft had kept a decent implementation of the Windows 3.1 File Manager in XP.

Right now I'm struggling to come to grups with MacOS 10. somethingorother on this PowerMac G5 that I won. And it's not as intuitive as Mac fans like to suggest - at least not to a long term Windows user. I keep looking for the second mouse button!!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface PC release date, price and specs: All-in-one Surface PC to directly rival iMac

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…