take info of PC

March Wind 02:58 AM 24 Jun 12

How do I take the info off the PC as if I was going to part with it, so no one can see all the web pages and any private info I might have on. I also wouldn't want them to see all the email addresses

KRONOS the First 07:54 AM 24 Jun 12

Why not replace the hard-drive and reinstall Windows? But to be quite honest just reinstalling your operating system will be sufficient.

chub_tor 10:42 AM 24 Jun 12

Some PCs, particularly laptops, can be re-set to factory settings this is one way to do it.

March Wind 11:29 AM 24 Jun 12

I wouldn't have the faintest idea how to install and reinstall Windows. I have XP professional. It did not come with a disk, either so that wouldn't help.

john bunyan 12:05 PM 24 Jun 12

I would have thought that you could delete all the stuff you want to keep private. Then use CCleaner Tools, Drive wipe, Complex Overwrite (7 Passes).it will hide everything so it is irrecoverable. It will take hours, mind.

March Wind 12:07 PM 24 Jun 12

I have a desktop Windows XP

robin_x 12:30 PM 24 Jun 12

What make and model is it? Look on the labels and/or press Windows Key+Pause/Break Key or here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Rugby World Cup 2015 online: Watch live, catch up on-demand & stream the 2015 Rugby…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to watch Adobe Max 2015: See Adobe unveil new Creative Cloud features for Photoshop,…

Live Photo tips: How to take Live Photos on the iPhone 6s, how to view, share, edit and find Live…