Take apart a Samsung laptop

Madam Mim 13:28 12 Mar 04

Can anyone tell me how to take Samsung laptops (VM7000 and GT7000)apart? I need to check some connections inside the case.

After I take all the screws out from underneath, there are still areas clipped together. I want to know how to proceed without breaking them.

I can also see an unlock button underneath, but cannot see what this does.

Belatucadrus 16:03 12 Mar 04

click here and click here for user manuals in acrobat format, there may be someting in here.

Madam Mim 20:20 12 Mar 04

Thanks Belatucadrus, but I've already checked out the manuals. They tell you not to open the chassis, but to take it to a service centre. Not very helpful, as voiding the warranty is not an issue here.

I can take out the screws and unclip the chassis via the battery cavity. It's still seems firmly fixed at the centre of the back, and in the middle of the keyboard.

Would it be worth taking off any of the keypads?

Belatucadrus 21:09 12 Mar 04

As I don't own a Samsung, I'm not in a position to say. Maybe somebody with a more hands on experiance of laptop disection can offer guidance. Best of luck.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…