Tahoma Font - Media Player - PowerPoint

Whaty 13:38 29 Nov 04

1. When opening PowerPoint there is a message advising that the Tahoma Font is not present and suggesting I should run setup again.
2. In Media Player on every label there is a small rectangle in place of a letter or character.
3. In the Fonts folder there are three Tohoma Fonts, two are identical and one is bold.

These things all happend at about the same time but for the life of me I can't be sure what the trigger was.

I found a 'possible' solution on the Microsft Knowledge base but unfortunately it didn't work.

It's a nusance rather than a promblem but I'd like to fix it, has anyone got any ideas please.?

Thanks, Terry

Whaty 13:43 29 Nov 04

Forgot to add.

I thought that having two identical Tahoma Fonts in the Fonts folder maybe causing the problem (a conflict maybe.?) but I can't remove any of them.

I've checked a couple of other systems and they've just had two entries, normal and bold.

Thanks again, Terry

PA28 14:27 29 Nov 04

My system also has just the two entries - and they can be deleted without a problem (I've just rescued them from the bin!). Can you get to them and delete through a DOS (Command prompt) window, as it may be that the files have become corrupted?

anchor 15:24 29 Nov 04

If you need it, a fresh download is available here:

click here

anchor 15:31 29 Nov 04

You might also consider using Verdana font, which is quite similar.

Whaty 13:10 30 Nov 04

PA28, I'm thinking that some program is using this font and that is why it cannot be deleted. Please can you advise me how to delete this font through a DOS window.

Anchor, the font is there and I can chose the font in word, excel, even powerpoint.!

Singularly, the biggest problem is not being able to read some labels such as those in Media Player (I have to rest the cursor over the buttons to see what they do.!).

PA28 19:01 02 Dec 04

Sorry for delay also. In 98 I recall that you can boot up to the C:> prompt by pressing F8 before windows loads. From here you should be able to navigate to C:\Windows\Fonts. Do a Dir on this directory and then Del (fontname.fnt). I think that's right! In XP I don't think you can access through command prompt to get to it - if there's a way no doubt someone will post it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…