Tags on IE 8 wont open by themself

merc. 12:11 27 Nov 09

I have been trying to get used to IE 8 on this new computer, every time I click on a link, say on PC advisor site it opens up a new page which is minimised I have to maximise it to full screen every time, and if I click on a link on that page it opens another new page which has to be maximised this gets a bit annoying after awhile. I have tried dragging the pages to full then closing by clicking close in the file menu but still it opens minimised.

Should it not just open a new tag like Firefox does on my desktop, or is there some setting I need to alter for tags to open, I have never had a new tag open in IE 8 yet by itself.

Or just download Firefox on new computer.

Thanks again

Merc

rdave13 12:18 27 Nov 09

Try tools- internet option- general -change how webpages are shown in tabs-settings- and dot 'alwaye open pop-ups in new tabs.

BRYNIT 12:25 27 Nov 09

As rdave13 to open in new tab.

If you want to open in a new window you will need to enlarge the size of the first window.

Open IE if this opens in full screen look to the top left you will see - square and a X click on the square to see if it will reduce in size if it does drag the window to its full size. Any window now opened should now be this size.

User-1229748 12:43 27 Nov 09

had this problem myself,got round it by dragging the page to just short of the whole screen.

merc. 13:36 27 Nov 09

Thanks folk,

will give your suggestion a try and see what happens

Merc

rawprawn 15:54 27 Nov 09

Download IE 7 PRo (freeware) and under Base Settings set what you want the Tabs to do
click here

merc. 16:27 27 Nov 09

BRYNT
Thanks that has done the trick new page opens on new tab.

Rawprawn
Will keep that link handy as it looks a good package, will see how IE 8 behaves.

Thanks all

Merc

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This animated short film tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…