Tabs not working in FF

Conny 17:53 PM 06 Dec 12
Answered

Running windows 7 and using Mozilla FF as browser. Until recently could manually open a new tab to open another site but since trying to speed up boot time by unclicking what I thought were unnecessary programs at start up I can't open them. If I click on a link in a news item or something then it opens in a new tab. Have done a system restore and it worked until I next tried to log onto the net. I noticed dialogue box from Mozilla stating it was initialising up dates and now I can't manually open a new tab.

Conny 18:56 PM 06 Dec 12

Hi Dr Yes, I usually just click on the plus sign to open a new tab and the cross to close one. Have tried in safe mode and it works but when I load up normal way it doesn't. Have just checked and my version is 17.0.1 if that is any help. Would going back to the previous edition do any good do you think, and if so, how do I do that? Sorry, but not very techno savvy so will need plain language. Thanks for your reply.

Conny 19:18 PM 06 Dec 12

Tried the Crtl+T but still nothing. Have just registered for that support site and will post on there. Thanks for your advice. Will post back if I can get it sorted.

Conny 00:20 AM 08 Dec 12

Ok, all sorted. Turned out to be an extension,

Ask Foto Sketcher Toolbar 3.15.1.100013

Disabled it along with all the others and each time I loaded this one the Tabs failed. Have removed it completely and everything is back to normal.

Thanks for your help Dr Yes.

Conny 00:32 AM 08 Dec 12
Answer

Where do I find the green tick to say this has been resolved please?

Conny 00:40 AM 08 Dec 12

Doh! Staring me in the face. Sorry.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 now: how to download and install Windows 10 even if GWX.exe is missing

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps

OS X Yosemite vs Windows 10: The Mac and PC operating systems go head to head UPDATED