Tablet that reads a USB memory stick with films & other storage?

Daisy22 16:43 04 Jan 14

Hello

We bought one of our children a tablet, an Acer Iconia at a good price but was disappointed to find it doesn't read the USB key, we bought a converter.

However I have a Samsung Galaxy Camera which does read the USB key so I know it wasn't that we did something wrong. After some research it seems that not all tablets can pick up storage from a memory stick.

So my question is, which tablets do? Only want to pay about £150 or less if that helps.

Thanks and happy new year all

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:06 04 Jan 14

All tablets will provided you get the correct usb cable and appropriate app.

I play films and cartoons for the grandson from a usb stick using a USB go cable and media importer app on a Nexus 7 this saves me having to watch Numberjacks and Peppa pig on the TV.

Daisy22 17:58 04 Jan 14

I think we bought a universal cable, but didn't get an app it worked fine as I said on my samsung without doing anything.

So how do you know which cable to get and which app ??? very confused (have tried doing lots of google research)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…