Tables in FireFox

scotcat 22:05 27 Oct 05

Hi All,

Hope you can help. When I position a table using Dreamweaver to "centre" it views fine in IE but it shows to the left in FF, any thoughts in what I am doing wrong.

Haol 11:17 28 Oct 05

how about centering it manually, you do this by going into the code view and find the first <table> tag and just above it type in <center>, then find the closing </table> tag and below it type in </center>, then go back into the design view, your table should be centered check it in IE and Firefox, it works fine for me.

Haol 11:18 28 Oct 05

how about centering it manually, you do this by going into the code view and find the first <table tag and just above it type in <center>, then find the closing </table> tag and below it type in </center>, then go back into the design view, your table should be centered check it in IE and Firefox, it works fine for me.

scotcat 13:38 29 Oct 05

Thanks for the reply Haol,

I have tried this and I still can't get it to work. I have been told that it would be better to include it in my stylesheet so I will have a bash at that. Any ideas for adding to a stylesheet?

Haol 14:49 29 Oct 05

Are you sure it doesn't work, if you can could you please send a copy of your code so that I can try it out, please. Anyway back to style sheets, open up Dreamweaver and go to File > New, then from the menu click on "CSS Style Sheets" from there you select which style sheet you want your page to have, Style Sheets will define the way your page looks. When you have selected your syle sheet it's all up to you from then on because I have no experience with CSS and barely any knowledge with HTML. But again, if you could send me a copy of your code I could try and do with that.

Haol 18:55 29 Oct 05

Sorry i could not see the code as it came up as how it would look on the internet, do you know any other way of sending it?

PurplePenny 20:07 29 Oct 05

Centring in CSS is not as easy as it should be. In the CSS for the table set the width then add auto sizing margins thus: {width: 560px; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; }

PurplePenny 23:46 29 Oct 05

BTW -- the width that I gave there was just a number picked out of the air, I don't mean that you have to make it that wide!

scotcat 00:28 30 Oct 05

The problem that I have is that the table that I want to centre in my stylesheet is a table within the main page table and when I edit it all of the tables change. How would I just make this one table go to centre without affecting the whole page. There is probably a simple way to do this but I am a bit of a newbie when it comes to CSS.
Cheers.

PurplePenny 11:44 30 Oct 05

Is the site live? Can you post the URL? It is often easier to see what is going on if we can see the actual code.

Haol 12:52 30 Oct 05

Could you tell me which table you want to change and I'll change the code for you then send it back.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…