Table background images

esl_webber 17:52 02 Feb 05

Hi All,
I want to add images to a table background that has a multiple celled table nested in it, without it tiling within each cell when being viewed on netscape.
I have seen a couple of ways to try out when I get home, but does anyone have a method they have used sucessfully in the past?

Michendi 22:29 08 Feb 05

Create a Layer using a <div> tag. Insert the background image into the Layer. Set "Repeat" to "1" as this will prevent tiling. Create the Table within the Layer and set the background to "No Fill". The background image in the Layer will then appear as if it is the background of the Table. Because the Table has been created within the Layer the two objects will be locked together. If you have not used Layers before then you will need to read up re positioning i.e. relative, absolute etc. Also note that Layers are of a fixed size and do not expand and contract horizontally like Tables to accommodate the current window size.

ewebber 10:12 09 Feb 05

I will give it a go, currently for the site I am working on I have been given a ridculously tight deadline, so will have to go with what I can do in the timeframe, but will try this out for futrure reference.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…