T30 laptop will not shutdown

recamel 18:19 21 Dec 03

The mouse and all keystrokes have frozen concequently the machine will not shutdown as you can not shut off the power like in a desktop to restart.
Any suggestions.

shifty 20:44 21 Dec 03

It may take a while but leave it on just running off the battery until it goes flat. Plug it back into the mains supply and on start-up you will get scan disc after in-proper shutdown and away you. I have had the same problem with my Novatech laptop and found this the only way of getting back into the system once everything has locked up.

GrahamP 23:20 21 Dec 03

I don't know about your T30 but some laptops have a tiny reset button that you need to use a pencil tip to operate.

RickyBlade 08:38 22 Dec 03

I have had simalar problems with my medion laptop when a program i installed caused the laptop to freeze completely. i foung pressing ctrl+alt+delete and the power button at same time caused laptop to switch off, hope this helps
Richie

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…