T-Mobile Pointer, software download

Bargee 09:41 AM 01 Jan 13

Hi,

I've been given a T-mobile pointer 3G wireless broadband device which I can't connect to the internet with as I can't get the device's management console software re-loaded onto my laptop as the device has already been recognised on it (long story) & I believe I need this to make the internet connection just like my existing T-mobile USB stick needs its loaded software in order to connect.

Is there a way I can re-install the device's software directly from it (there's no CD) or obtain a download for it from somewhere else?

I ask this before I get locked into lurid explainations with T-Mobile Support.

Cheers.

Bargee 10:26 AM 01 Jan 13

As an aside, is there a way to get my Win 7 Home laptop to recognise the device as a "new" device or to delete the device in some way so that when I next connect it, it comes up as a new device?

Bargee 10:58 AM 01 Jan 13

Cracked it!

Obviously too simple for me to realise the proper solution whilst I'd got my head stuck & sidetracked by the fact it's a wireless device!

Dis-connected & re-booted brain, connected the device's USB cable & up it all came, downloaded the software needed & its sorted. Just got to find a signal now.

Sorry to have wasted your time, thanks for looking.

Cheers.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia Z5 vs Xperia Z5 Premium vs Xperia Z5 Compact: What's the difference between Sony's new ?…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This 3D food printer prints chocolate, cookie dough or pizza

iPhone 6S preview: What to expect from Apple's next iPhone