t-mobile modem plz help!!!!!!!!!!!!

stephen1978 17:54 28 Jul 10

hi guys ive just bought a new laptop with windows 7 pre installed ...i also bought a t-mobile pay as you go modem but ive try every thing and i can't access the intrenet can someone plz tell me what im doing wrong ???/

woodchip 18:49 28 Jul 10

When you plug the T-Mobil Dongle in the USB it loads software to the PC look on the Desktop for think its Web connect double click the icon to connect then you can start your browser

stephen1978 19:22 28 Jul 10

tryed clicking connect but when the browser opens up it just say WEB PAGE COULD NOT BE DIPLAYED

ive even try typing in a different web addy but still no joy :(:(:(

woodchip 19:47 28 Jul 10

try a different browser, I Have used this with daughters T-Mobil dongle click here

woodchip 19:48 28 Jul 10

Firewall may be stopping you, in Security\Control Panel

stephen1978 20:28 28 Jul 10

if it is the firewall how do i chage the settings on windows 7???

c4rm0 20:32 28 Jul 10

silly question but have you plugged the sim card into the dongle ? if you have its just a case of plugging the dongle into a usb slot and the drivers /software should load automatically then open the T mobile software and click connect ?

Also when you open the software does it detect the device ? i know with the vodaphone / three software you can check in devices to see if the software has found the modem

stephen1978 20:38 28 Jul 10

it detects that the dongle is there but just cant get on to the intrenet

woodchip 22:49 28 Jul 10

The Icon on the Desktop, if its loaded the software when you plugged the Dongle in is "Web and Walk" is that what you see on the Desktop? no sim card needed if its like daughters. The Windows Firewall is in Control Panel\Security you can turn it off there

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…