systemworks startup problem

pharte 00:22 10 Nov 03

I have deleted, cleaned, re-installed systemworks 2002 over 5 times and still cannot get the virus scan, one button checkup or any of the other items to start from either the desktop or menus. they just do nothing.
everything else works fine and the intregated firewall works well but no scans !!!!.

updates and web stuff are fine it's just the virus scan and checkup parts won't even open.

anyone any ideas or point me in the right direction ?

TIA

Paul

Tog 07:30 10 Nov 03

Try sending your PC details and query to Symantec. They will answer, though it may take a while.

pharte 19:19 10 Nov 03

I have trawled the norton website but cannot locate a e-mail link for contacting help..........can you provide it for me by any chance ?

TIA

Paul

R4 19:38 10 Nov 03

Go to the Norton website and follow the support options, at the end of these options there is one for 'contact technical support.

try starting from here :click here

pharte 20:29 10 Nov 03

I (think) I followed your instructions and am asked to give the product and version but as it is the 2002 version the support is not available and there is no "contact customer support" link that does not take me back in a circle !!!

I remember renewing my subscription earlier this year but had to do a clean reboot and lost all my details and cannot track any order using the track route .

This is getting tedious and I am convinced I am not as thick as I must seem to be.

there must be an easier way to get this sorted without buying the 2004 version which by the way I tried to order but was thwarted by the shipping routes and it would not accept my order unless I paid the equivelant in in postage as the actual product.

jimv7 20:47 10 Nov 03

Free AVG anti-virus from click here and free sygate firewall from click here both with free updates.
And a bonus of not taking up as much system resourses as norton does.

plsndrs3 20:58 10 Nov 03

I used to have this package as I wanted an all in one software solution. Then the problems started ..

System Clean would delete necessary operating files from Office XP which could only be corrected by re-installing; I downloaded an updated version, only to have 2 firewalls running - it took me a week to work out that one firewall was letting me sign on to my ISP, the other was blocking it without reference; downloaded update files just got 'lost'; system would freeze regularly. Absolute nightmare.

Read several of the postings on here & deleted the thing in favour of AVG [very good, can't recommend it too highly], Kerio Personal Firewall, Ad Aware & Fast Cleaner [got that from a cover disk].

No more problems!

Paul

plsndrs3 21:00 10 Nov 03

Still waiting for replies to my emails sent about 6 months ago ......

Tog 07:18 11 Nov 03

Go to the Symantec website. Click on support, click on product support for the home user, put "one button checkup" in the Support Documents search box (no quotes) and click on the first result. I know the description doesn't exactly match yours but it is still sound. Follow the instructions for complete removal and try again. Please note that each line of instructions is expandable using the little plus sign.

plsndrs3:- I don't know why you have waited so long for an answer, I've never waited for more than 2 days. Mind, the attitude of the support staff could do with a bit of "reorienting".

david.h 09:12 11 Nov 03

will it run on another computer from this cd? same problem then a faulty disc.
OR
do you have a mate with the same CD you could try, if it loads the problem is with the PC.

YOU WILL HAVE TO DELETE THE SECONDRY LOADED PROGRAMS AFTER THE TRIAL TO CONFORM TO THE LICENCE.

pharte 18:31 11 Nov 03

I have the same version installed on another pc and laptop with no problems at all, it all stems from when I reloaded the software and believe me the re install took some doing because of error messages, I finally deleted everything with the help of the nav utility and manual removal instructions from the website.

no matter how many times i delete everything thourougly the result is the same.

Sorry Norton........... I was going to buy your 2004 version but I will now use the AVG instead

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…