Systemworks or System Mechanic?

Diemmess 15:40 12 Jul 04

Can't resist meddling. Currently using Win98SE and Win2000 with HyperOs. Happy with AVG and Spybot and dialup using Aol.

Only memories of a freebie System Mechanic which made a better job of registry cleaning than the now long obsolete Cybermedia Uninstaller. This last is still installed, quite useful, but very limited.

Having read reviews (small pinch of salt,) I think I favour System mechanic. Interested only in clearing any rubbish files and registry entries.

Anyone who uses either Systemworks or System mechanic and can advise from personal experience?

Any cost difference is not that important. I think the cost is about the same for unboxed (no paper manual) system works 2003 available "down the road" for £29.99 or a download of System Mechanic 4 (not the professional) (30 days) and subsequent licence.

Old Shep 15:50 12 Jul 04

Prior to upgrading to XP I had Norton System Works 2001 (old now???) on my machine. It is not compatable with XP so it is sat on the shelf with the manual doing nothing. It is compatable with Win95 os2/Win98/ME/NT 4.0 Workstation & wIN 2000 Proffessional. If it is any good to you e.mail me your address and I will post it on (yellow envelope left of my name).

colberly 15:59 12 Jul 04

I use System Mechanic 4 and must say preferred the previous version. This version tends to have too many additions, for me anyway, so most of the time sits on my PC doing nothing. The defrag takes much too long, so I don't use that bit, it also uses spyhunter which has had a bad press.

GANDALF <|:-)> 16:00 12 Jul 04

All you need are these two, free programmes...regseeker from click here and CCleaner from.....click here

G

Diemmess 16:07 12 Jul 04

Much thanks to all for prompt and useful replies.

GANDALF <|:-)> particularly. I didn't ask for freeby sources, but you have spotted my Scots ancestry!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…