Systemworks 2005

Jeffy 09:15 16 Jan 05

Is it really worth having especailly as it appears to slow down the machine in XP professional...I get an annoying access denied C drive displayed after installing NSW2005...how can i make it go away...?

Diodorus Siculus 09:25 16 Jan 05

Personally I have gone off Norton Systemworks; there was a time that I loved it but recent years it has become too bloated for my liking. There are many other products out there which do the same thing without needing all the resources nor need to run in the background.

david.h 10:10 16 Jan 05

remove it from the control panel, make sure you logged on as adminstrator and re install it.

Diodorus Siculus 10:26 16 Jan 05

click here for an interesting thread re. Norton.

david.h 11:41 16 Jan 05

I have had norton for years & like it. occasionally it goes belly up with no obvious reason or easy repair. I have found over the years to delete the program & reinstall then it works ok.

Markdym 12:06 16 Jan 05

Hi

I've been using NSW for some time now, and have used other Norton products for several years. I have found that if you install it exactly as per the instructions there are no problems. Re-installation is also easy.

As for your access denied message, this is a known issue. Go here for the solution:

click here

I also experienced a slower system after installing GoBack. Norton's Tech Support said I had to disable ALL non-Microsoft services before installing. After doing this, then re-enabling them afterwards Windows XP Pro was whizzing along as normal.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…