systems restore

pat2068 02:10 25 Oct 06

i downloaded internet explorer 7 and had problems with it so i uninstalled it now i have no restore ppints and i cant create any when i try it tells me it has been created but when i try to restore there is no restore points i have tried turning it of and on again but it still wont work please help thanks leo

NoIdea21 02:25 25 Oct 06

Have you done a restart with system restore turned off ang then switched it back on.
Sorry if thi sseems basic but it's all I can sugest.

beeuuem 02:55 25 Oct 06

You could look click here

Or you could reinstall Systm Restore -as you have lost all the restore points you have nothing to lose.
Warning: This will delete ALL existing restore points.

Note: The following file is located in a hidden folder. To view hidden files follow these steps:

Open Control Panel - Folder Options - View tab, select "Show hidden files and folders" and uncheck "Hide extensions for known file types", click OK.

Open Windows Explorer and navigate to the windows\inf folder.

Find the sr.inf file, right click on it and select Install.

If the Files Needed dialog box appears, click Browse and point to the i386 folder on the Windows XP CD or to the i386 folder on the hard drive, if it exists.

pat2068 23:24 27 Oct 06

sorry for the late reply i have tried what you sugested but i dont have a xp disk i tried installing IE7 again and unistalling but as soon as i uninstall no restore points and i cant make any i have switched it of rebbbted and on again still no different thanks leo

pat2068 02:18 28 Oct 06

can anyone help me please thanks leo

Pamy 09:21 28 Oct 06

You will have to do an XP repair or full install, but without the original XP disk I do not know how you will do it

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Best iMovie for Mac tips 2017 | How to edit video with iMovie: 26 brilliant video editing tricks…