system/hard drive info

jackdouglas7 01:02 15 Nov 08

Dear all,
My son has an acer Aspire 5100 awlmi 120gb hdd , ati radeon xpress 1100, amd turion 64 mobil technology.
Apparently the hard drive is on its way out and a new one is needed. How do I find out what to order. I expect its a 2.5 inch , 120 but is it IDE or SATA and should I go for a larger one. I have been told that you can type in a command run which will produce a list is what is in the lap top.
Many thanks
Jack

lotvic 01:19 15 Nov 08

This is Free. Use SIW (System Information for Windows) tool that gathers detailed information about the system properties and settings and displays it in a tree structure similar to Windows Explorer.

SIW is a standalone utility that does not require installation (Portable Freeware) (but you can put on the pc if you want) - one less installed program on your PC as well the fact that you can run the program directly from an USB flash drive or from a floppy

Read about and then download from the 'Download' link at top (in blue bar on web page) from click here

It would be a good idea to get Acronis True Image so you can put the image on the new Hard disk

jackdouglas7 15:38 19 May 09

All done now. Many thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac