System32\hal,dll is missing

conrail 20:17 15 Feb 07

windows xp home +sp2, pc will start normally but adaware freezes after finding 162 problems so can't fix problems tried to repair windows or boot in safe mode but pc switched off during these options,
safe mode options:
windows default, pc switches off,
windows xp states System32\hal,dll is missing,
thanks to skidzy on another thread for click here any ideas please, thanks

STREETWORK 20:18 15 Feb 07

Go here my friend...

click here

Totally-braindead 20:20 15 Feb 07

Why another posting the other ones still open and I put my input into that one click here

brundle 20:20 15 Feb 07

Checked your hard-drive with manufacturer's diagnostics? click here

conrail 20:32 15 Feb 07

I appreciate your help in the other posting Totally-braindead, I have read it and will try it, but buteman suggested a new posting to stop confusion, sorry if I am messing people around, I don't intend to. I have made a note of your suggestion and will try it tomorrow when able to get to sons pc
thanks STREETWORK and brundle, will try all sugestions tomorrow and keep you all informed

Totally-braindead 20:58 15 Feb 07

OK conrail fair enough - good luck tommorrow.
Don't forget the space it must be typed exactly. If it does nothing at all you'll know its wrongly typed.

birdface 21:01 15 Feb 07

Hi.I seem to have landed you in it,I should have said to close the other one first,But you seem to be getting a bit more imput which can only help.Good luck.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:22 15 Feb 07

Hal.dll missing or corrupt
click here

conrail 16:39 16 Feb 07

thanks guys, did not get the chance to work on sons computer, he has been at collecge all day and has also changed his password so I willhave to get that off him, looks like monday before I can work on it

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…