system32\DRIVERS\isapnp.sys missing

darrenaj 10:44 12 Jan 05

I tried to switch on my system last night and got the message "windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt - system32\DRIVERS\isapnp.sys" I am running xp. I have 2 restore cd's that came with the computer, and when I load them, they want me to completely re install xp. I have a set of 6 floppy discs with the xp boot on that I have used in the past. can someone advise how I fix. Many Thanks

ACOLYTE 10:47 12 Jan 05

click here

You can dload it here then copy to the system32/drivers folder.

ACOLYTE 10:48 12 Jan 05

Dont go there its a pay site sorry, my mistake instead read click here

spikeychris 10:53 12 Jan 05
  darrenaj 10:53 12 Jan 05

Acolyte. I will try this. I am a novice at this I assume that I load the 6 floppy discs and then follow the instructions, having put the restore cd into d:. As I mentioned if I just put in the cd, it wants me to reinstall the full xp and wipe my system?

ACOLYTE 10:57 12 Jan 05

There is the option to repair or should be from the xp cd,do you not get the "press R to repair bit"?.

darrenaj 11:00 12 Jan 05

When I load the cd, I only get 2 options. The first is to install xp, and when you select this, you get the warnings that this will completely reinstall your xp. The second is Command Prompt and this gives a:\. When I use the floppy discs, I get the recovery option, but it is then looking for the cd. At this point do I then install the cd in d:?

ACOLYTE 11:07 12 Jan 05

Are you booting with the cd or are you just putting it in the drive with windows running?

darrenaj 11:12 12 Jan 05

I cant boot with the cd, it only gives me the 2 options. I have to boot with the floppys. Once they have finished they give me the recovery option and then ask for the cd.

spikeychris 11:14 12 Jan 05
  ACOLYTE 11:19 12 Jan 05

Ok so use the floppy's leave the cd in the drive
and follow the options on the microsoft page.
You may need to change from the A: prompt to the C: prompt,just type C: and press enter then you should see C:\windows then carry on from the micrsoft page,you may be better printing it out
first.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…