system32\DRIVERS\isapnp.sys missing

darrenaj 10:44 12 Jan 05

I tried to switch on my system last night and got the message "windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt - system32\DRIVERS\isapnp.sys" I am running xp. I have 2 restore cd's that came with the computer, and when I load them, they want me to completely re install xp. I have a set of 6 floppy discs with the xp boot on that I have used in the past. can someone advise how I fix. Many Thanks

ACOLYTE 10:47 12 Jan 05

click here

You can dload it here then copy to the system32/drivers folder.

ACOLYTE 10:48 12 Jan 05

Dont go there its a pay site sorry, my mistake instead read click here

spikeychris 10:53 12 Jan 05
  darrenaj 10:53 12 Jan 05

Acolyte. I will try this. I am a novice at this I assume that I load the 6 floppy discs and then follow the instructions, having put the restore cd into d:. As I mentioned if I just put in the cd, it wants me to reinstall the full xp and wipe my system?

ACOLYTE 10:57 12 Jan 05

There is the option to repair or should be from the xp cd,do you not get the "press R to repair bit"?.

darrenaj 11:00 12 Jan 05

When I load the cd, I only get 2 options. The first is to install xp, and when you select this, you get the warnings that this will completely reinstall your xp. The second is Command Prompt and this gives a:\. When I use the floppy discs, I get the recovery option, but it is then looking for the cd. At this point do I then install the cd in d:?

ACOLYTE 11:07 12 Jan 05

Are you booting with the cd or are you just putting it in the drive with windows running?

darrenaj 11:12 12 Jan 05

I cant boot with the cd, it only gives me the 2 options. I have to boot with the floppys. Once they have finished they give me the recovery option and then ask for the cd.

spikeychris 11:14 12 Jan 05
  ACOLYTE 11:19 12 Jan 05

Ok so use the floppy's leave the cd in the drive
and follow the options on the microsoft page.
You may need to change from the A: prompt to the C: prompt,just type C: and press enter then you should see C:\windows then carry on from the micrsoft page,you may be better printing it out
first.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now