system32 folder

bananaz 16:50 29 Oct 05

hi all. When i start up my pc, i keep getting the system32 folder popping up. Its as if i have gone into :c-windows & opened the system32 folder. This has only been happening for a week & its really doing my head in now lol. The only program i have installed was kaspersky, which i then removed completely. I am using XP home with SP2. please help me keep my sanity & stop this system32 folder starting up.
Thanks very much in advance.

VoG II 16:53 29 Oct 05
  bananaz 20:01 29 Oct 05

i have read & re-read the link but im still completely lost lol. Is there a easy to use program or instructions that i can use? Im still very much new to a PC, so sorry for being quite slow.
thanks in advance

VoG II 20:12 29 Oct 05

click here scroll down to and click on 'System32 Folder Opens Upon Boot' (in the right hand column).

bananaz 20:41 29 Oct 05

yup tried that & got the message "This script cannot repair your issue. The expected registry value was not found"

bananaz 21:34 30 Oct 05

I have now tried a few different registry cleaners but the problem is still occuring aaaaaargh. I think my pc is possessed, as its nearly halloween.

VoG II 21:40 30 Oct 05

You need to work your way through the instructions in my first 'click here' - print them out.

Backup the registry first click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…