system32 corrup guided help

aboutit 15:16 05 Feb 08

I have copied the guided help from Microsoft to help me repair my computer for a C:Windows/System/System32/config corrupt or missing message. The help tells me to load my xp disc, choose R for repair select installation which in my case 1-C:windows, admin p\word just pressed enter this then showed me C:/Windows it then tells me to enter the drive letter of the removable media which in my case is G: followed by a colon so I then had C:/Windows>G:) but when I press enter I get the message this command is not recognised.Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong?

brundle 15:18 05 Feb 08

If your `removable media` is a USB drive there won't be any USB drivers installed for the PC to recognise it.

aboutit 15:32 05 Feb 08

so what do I do? i have my windows xp disc in my drive. Do I connect an external drive

Pamy 15:40 05 Feb 08

aboutit, Is your operating system (XP) on your C: drive?

And is this the drive and operating system that you wish to repair?

aboutit 15:47 05 Feb 08

yes it is. I have loaded xp pro on d drive just to get my comp in some working order

Pamy 15:50 05 Feb 08

Is D: drive a partition, or a separate drve?

aboutit 15:55 05 Feb 08

a separate drive i have both c and d drive on my computer(sony vaio)

Pamy 16:04 05 Feb 08

So, are you telling us that you have XP installed on your C: drive and for some reason it stopped working. You tried to repair it, but could not, so installed XP again on your D: drive?

We cannot help untill we know all the facts and what you have done since your computer stopped working.

Pamy 16:04 05 Feb 08

So, are you telling us that you have XP installed on your C: drive and for some reason it stopped working. You tried to repair it, but could not, so installed XP again on your D: drive?

We cannot help untill we know all the facts and what you have done since your computer stopped working.

aboutit 16:10 05 Feb 08

I tried to recover my sony vaio with my recovery disc and it would not install windows the message was system32/system/config- corrupt or missing. I then tried to repair C Drive with my xp disc but it did nothing. I then loaded my XP Pro disc onto my D drive in order to have a working computer

aboutit 16:11 05 Feb 08

but to have my sony application this will only load onto the c drive and that is why i would like to recover it

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…