System32 back again...

Fanianni 14:47 08 Jan 04

Hi again its seems to have come back again, I took spikey's sound advise yesterday and thought it sorted itself out once i deleted the default value, which said;
Type= REG_EXPAN_SZ Data= c:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32it said this also in both;
HKey\_current_User and HKey\_Local_Machine
It seems to have come back! if your out there Spikey and ur readin this, help!!
Thanxxx

spikeychris 14:51 08 Jan 04

Do you have a Sound Blaster Audigy 2 sound card?

Fanianni 19:55 08 Jan 04

Hi spikey i was hopin it would be u who responded, in answer to ur question no i havent got a Sound Blaster Audigy 2 sound card, im a NVIDIA Geforce2 MX\MX 400 babe lol
waitin for ur reply Thanxx

bremner 19:57 08 Jan 04

Fannianni

The nVidia is your graphics card what is your soundcard?

spikeychris 19:59 08 Jan 04

click here and click save, download and if it says the script cannot repair your issue post back. If it says sucsessfull........post back. :o)

spikeychris 20:00 08 Jan 04

good point. Fannianni double check the sound card first.

Fanianni 21:04 08 Jan 04

Bremner my b/f's just imformed me that my motherboard with a VIA Chip set and its using the onboard sound card.
Spikey thank u for that download but it said it cannot repair!
things r gettin desperate now!

waitin 4 ur replies, thanxx

spikeychris 21:21 08 Jan 04

Run a full virus check and I'll see you in the morning. :o) seriously check for a virus.

Goodnight.

Chris

©®@$? 22:10 08 Jan 04

what is the actual problem

©®@$? 22:19 08 Jan 04

When you log on to Microsoft Windows, a Microsoft Windows Explorer window may open that displays the contents of the System32 folder.

This behavior also occurs if there is a String value that contains only a single quote character (") as the Value data in the following Registry key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

CAUSE
This behavior can occur if a null, incomplete, or damaged entry exists in the registry.
RESOLUTION
WARNING: If you use Registry Editor incorrectly, you may cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall your operating system. Microsoft cannot guarantee that you can solve problems that result from using Registry Editor incorrectly. Use Registry Editor at your own risk.

Use Registry Editor to view the following two Windows registry keys:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

Verify that all the values in these keys do not contain any incorrect, incomplete, or null entries (such as "").

Zion_Lion 02:42 09 Jan 04

Hi all, it's Fani's other half here. ©®@$? the problem is that when the pc boots up after all the applications have loaded in the start tray the System32 folder opens on the desktop.
She has changed the default values in the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run and the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run folders to (value not set) which had an effect until she booted the pc the next day, (the only value that made a difference was after changing the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run value to (value not set)).
On saying that, I dont think making these changes makes any difference now as I think she said that the folder opens every time after she makes the change now.
Do you think she needs to disable sys restore before making the changes in the registry?.
Also do you think doing a SFC could solve it, as i'm going to give it a try when I go over there.
Incase you need to no, the pc specs are: 1st Mainboard AZ11EA using onboard sound, AMD800MHz processor, Gforce2 MX400, 40GHDD, CD/R , using XPpro.
Pc has been fine for about 2years after having new hdd. This problem has been going on for a few months now, I can remember that doing a sys restore a few weeks ago worked but only for a couple of day's.
Anyway thanks to everyone for all your responses and I do apologise for long posting. Off to bed now, will watch this space.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…