System Volume Information

Mio 17:37 03 Apr 04

Help ! My System Volume Information folder on my PC has started increasing in size and gets bigger every time I reboot.
It has now reached a size of over 20GB and still increasing. This is where all the restore points are held. I've run Norton anti-virus scan but no viruses have been found.
Can this folder be recreated from scratch ?
Has it somehow got corrupted ?
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Mio

Diodorus Siculus 17:39 03 Apr 04

You can disable system restore, reboot the machine and then set a new restore point. All the old ones will be gone.

bremner 17:40 03 Apr 04

You can set the max size by Going to System Properties > System Restore > Settings

Mio 11:44 04 Apr 04

Thanks for your ideas, but I am still getting the problem. Now there is only one system created restore point RP1 in the SVI folder of size 46Mb, as all the other restore points have now been deleted and 20GB of space has been freed.
After 4 reboots of the PC, the restore point has now increased to 1.5 GB and continues increasing in size. Thus the SVI folder is increasing in size. Still not sure how to resolve this.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…