System Tray not loading on boot up

rawprawn 08:28 03 May 04

My system tray has started to not load properly when I boot up in the morning. I am left with a desktop that is frozen. If I re boot there is no problem. I have just "spring cleaned" my computer, clearing out old programs etc, def rag,turned off system restore and cleaned unused disc space. After I reboot there seems to be nothing wrong at all.I have checked in msconfig and it all seems OK. Any Ideas what could cause this problem.

Gongoozler 08:31 03 May 04

Does this discussion on the subject help click here

rawprawn 08:49 03 May 04

Hi, no this doesn't seem to be the problem. I have checked the registry and I don't have the value that was causing his problem, also my desk top freezes I can't use any applications, but if I reboot it's OK. Thanks for the response.

VoG II 08:51 03 May 04

This is XP?

Do desktop icons appear?

rawprawn 09:03 03 May 04

Yes XP Home, & yes all the desktop icons appear. Everything seems normal except for the system tray and being frozen. I can't understand why it always loads OK when I reboot.

VoG II 09:57 03 May 04

I can't find anything specific about this but click here may help.

crimbo 10:01 03 May 04

Does a system restore prior to your spring clean work?

crimbo 10:02 03 May 04

Sorry i've just reread your posting and realise this isn't an option

rawprawn 11:03 03 May 04

I have asuspicion that it is being caused because I have 2 anti virus programs loading together, although I have had these for about 6 weeks wwith no problems. I have uninstalled one and the system tray loaded first time although one swallow does not a summer make, I will wait and see if this has cured it & will come back. At the moment I seem to have another catastrophe on my hands, my wife informs me we have a blocked sewer, Oh well that's life, thanks for the responses.

VoG II 11:04 03 May 04

Two anti-virus programs = a very bad idea. Choose one and uninstall the other.

rawprawn 13:20 03 May 04

Thanks to all who responded, After uninstalling one of the AV's It seems to be working OK. I wish I could say the same for the aewer. Now awaiting Dyno-rod

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced