System tray icons

thumbscrew 23:21 18 Mar 08

As I've got 15 icons in my system tray I decided to remove some of them. However, nothing is simple for me. I deleted a few and, after rebooting this appeared...."The system configuration utility is in diagnostic or selective start up mode, causing the utility to run every time Windows starts. Choose the normal start up mode on the general tab and undo the changes you made".
Confused,battered and *!@:ed off I undid the changes. Can anyone explain and help?

alan2273 23:25 18 Mar 08
  thumbscrew 23:29 18 Mar 08

Hi alan and many thanks. Without being ungrateful I really need something incredibly more basic than that...I'm even more confused than before!

rawprawn 07:57 19 Mar 08

Go to Start > Run and type msconfig then hit Enter> click on the Startup Tab > untick any of the boxes of items yoiu don't want to show in the system tray and click OK. When your computer has rebooted you will get a warning message, tick the box "Do not show me this again"

thumbscrew 08:45 19 Mar 08

Thanks rawprawn,I was confused because it seemed to be telling me to change the status to "Normal" for some unexplained reason.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…