System Tray Hidden Icons Re-Appear

allan01 17:42 07 May 03

I use the "Hide Inactive Icons" in Windows XP to stop unwanted icons appearing in the system tray, however, several of them come back almost every time I restart my PC. They seem to be the ones related to LAN stuff, which first appeared when I installed my broadband modem. Anybody know how to hide these icons permanently so they won't re-appear when I restart the PC? I have no use for them and they just clutter up the system tray!!

Gaz 25 18:03 07 May 03

Set them to always hide.

LAN connections do not unfortunatly hide., but you can go into options for your broadband connection and un tick: show status when connected, the two computers icon will dissapear.

allan01 20:23 07 May 03

I already have the icons in question set to "Always Hide", and the properties for the two LAN connections have no tick in the box to "Show icon in notification area when connected". When I restart the PC they still come back into the system tray. Any other thoughts, or am I stuck with hiding them every time I fire up the PC?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…