system tray

macker7963 12:56 28 May 06

When I boot up my system some icons do not appear in the system tray although the program is running e.g. spysweeper and the Yahoo widgets engine. If I need to access these programs this is normally done by right clicking the icon in the system tray. When this started happening I assumed these programs werent running and tried to start them from their shortcuts. I then received an error message to say that the program was already running. To get an icon in the system tray I had to stop the programs process in Tray Manager and then restart it from its shortcut. This doesnt work for one of the icons that doesnt appear, the Safely Remove Hardware icon, because I dont know what process to stop for it.
Recently, quite by accidennt, I discovered that if I log out of Windows and then log back in, all my icons appear in the tray. I am the only user set up on the system. So when I boot up only about half of my icons appear in the system tray. When I log out of and back into Windows they all appear.

DieSse 13:37 28 May 06

TRy this Right-click on the task bar, Select Properties - take the tick out of "Hide Inactive Icons"

rawprawn 14:11 28 May 06

Try this Taskbar repair tool,
click here
also download Tweakui and there is an option to rebuild icons listed under Repair

VoG II 14:15 28 May 06

Or run this - it will reset the inactive icons and after that they should behave themselves click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…