System tools end up on desktop as shortcut

dessi 23:14 22 Jul 03

hi ya guys, System is XP home i encountered a strange happening yesterday as i was about to do a manual defrag; accessed acessories entered the dropdown list and somehow accidently clicked somewhere in the box before pointing on defragment and the system tools folder is now on the desktop as a shortcut, i would like to put the folder back in it's rightful place. can anyone provide the right sequence to restore to normal please.

crx1600 23:27 22 Jul 03

if it no longer appears in accessories, then grab the shortcut on the desktop and hold it over the 'start' button, then navigate back to programs/accessories and drop it back in.

i cant remember if that is the corect way, it may put the shortcut back, and it no longer expands, you'll have to try.

Andsome 08:24 23 Jul 03

Do a system restore to a time before you messed up.

dessi 10:52 23 Jul 03

Good morning forum people, i have now done as suggested and Restored to 21st 7-03, all now ok, just have to reinstall two driver upgrades didn't want to :( but.....:) slowly learning.
thanks again guys for being there.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…