System Temperature

glen2409 18:29 03 May 05

Can I ask people what they think is an ideal system temp?

You hear alot about cpu temps but not system temp. My AMD64 3000+ cpu runs at 35c idle to maximum playing games or video editing at 52c. Averages around 42-43 which I know is acceptable.

My system temp runs from about 27-35c, averages 31-32c. is this a good temp? I have a roof fan on the case blowing out and a back fan as well. I have a cpu,mobo and power fans as well.

What do people think please?

Technotiger 18:37 03 May 05

Hi, your temps seem ideal enough to me.

Cheers.

Mr Mistoffelees 19:02 03 May 05

Hopefully mine will run as cool as that when it gets new Arctic Silver heatsink compound and a nice new case on Saturday. Glen2409, your system is running just fine at those temperatures.

glen2409 19:06 03 May 05

That's reassuing to know. I've never seen an ideal system fan and have just put some new kit into a new case and quite impressed with the lack of noise,etc.

I wasn't sure what kind of system temp I should be aiming for and if more fans,exhaust were needed.

Technotiger 19:08 03 May 05

More fans/exhaust, certainly not needed in your case - no pun intended.

Cheers.

SEASHANTY 19:23 03 May 05

Your hard drives can also get fairly warm. Of my three PC's two maintain the HDD temp around 30 - 38C
but on one PC the temp gets up to around 50C to 55C.
This utility I use HDD Tune (which is a free one) gives the temp plus other stuff. I have replaced the PSU for a dual fan PSU in this system but the HDD is still playing up ands has some damaged blocks. It's a Seagate 120GB. What next I wonder. The free utility can be downloaded from here
click here

Chegs ® 19:26 03 May 05

System temps are really dependant on weather,location of PC,etc.My CPU runs at 40C,even under load.My system temp ranges from 20C(very early morning)to 50C if its a very nice day and the GF is cooking. :-)

glen2409 19:37 03 May 05

Lol chegs and technotiger.
I can fit another back case fan and an exhaust. i have a 400w psu.

Will look at ther HDD temp, I have 2 fitted on top of each other.

Pine Man 19:53 03 May 05

According to the AwardBios on my PC I have a CPU temp of around 40C and a system temp of 127C. It's been like that from new about 18 months ago.

Surely CPU and system temperatures are two entirely different things?

SEASHANTY 19:59 03 May 05

Now that is pretty HOT - the boiling point of water is only 100C.

glen2409 20:00 03 May 05

I think he has been confused. That program doesnt work for me seashanty, says no drives

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…