SYSTEM SHUTDOWN PRE-MATURELY EACH TIME I GO ONLINE

silklink 12:24 12 Aug 03

I have Windows XP on my computer. Since yesterday, each timeI tried to link onto the internet, after about 30 seconds, I get a an error message ?Generic Host Process for win 32 Services has encountered a problem and needs to close?. This is followed by the error message ?System Shutdown ? Windows must now restart because the Remote Procedure Call (RPC) Service terminated unexpectantly?. And the whole computer closes down.

I uninstalled any application which I had installed over the last seven days. I also had my Norton Antivirus to scan for viruses. I even tried to stopped and restarted Explorer byaccessing the Windows Task Manager (as adviced in Windows XP magazine?) but to no avail.

The only other thing which I did over the last two days was to remove the Internet Temporary Files.

The problem comes on only when I go online.

Can any kind person please help me? Would be very grateful.

Jester2K II 12:27 12 Aug 03
  Jester2K II 12:28 12 Aug 03

click here

Download Stinger using a Clean PC and transfer to floppy disk. Boot into Safe Mode and scan.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…