System shutdown granted by NT Authority

Nails1 20:48 21 Mar 05

Young lad hasked my advice but I am stummped
Running XP Pro system was working OK. Since updating from Dial up to BT Broadband have a problem as PC keeps on rebooting . Each time I get the message "System shutdown granted by NT Authority". I have run stinger to find Pate.B virus. Does this virus do this? Or is this a red herring. What is causing the reboot. How can I help rid the problem. Have doenloaded Patch for the virus.

Technotiger 20:52 21 Mar 05

Hi, keeps re-booting, one of the frequent causes of this is a dying psu. Have had it myself, and know of several others with similar thing.

Cheers.

Completealias 20:53 21 Mar 05

Most likely cause by a virus shutting down the pc to prevent you from cleaning it up. Use the patch you've got and run a full scan with antivirus app and stinger again also try a2

Nails1 20:56 21 Mar 05

Forgot to mention that the system only reboots when logged into Broadband. Not logged in runs ok.

stalion 20:59 21 Mar 05

info here click here

Technotiger 21:00 21 Mar 05

Or, after further research, have a look at

click here.

Cheers.

Technotiger 21:01 21 Mar 05

Ooops - sorry don't think that will work. Just tried it myself - coming up with a fault.

stalion 21:04 21 Mar 05
  Technotiger 21:04 21 Mar 05

This is what I was trying to show you -

Tech Support Forum Archive - Strange Windows XP error
3-5 mins, I got the dreaded "This shutdown was initiated by NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM" I completely reinstalled ... of "free will": God...
click here

Cheers.

Number 7 21:07 21 Mar 05

This sounds like it could be the Blaster Worm.

Start> Run and in the box type "shutdown -a" (no quotes) to prevent the computer shutting down.

click here and download and run the removal tool.

Number 7 21:10 21 Mar 05

Oh, then go to the Windows update site and get the updates- one of them is a patch for this worm.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…