//some 3rd party need geo

system shut down

tulix 13:57 09 Nov 03

my comp keeps shutting down by itself it says remote procedure call, system sutdown something to do with nt authority system running xp help please

VoG II 14:08 09 Nov 03

You've got the Blaster virus click here

tulix 22:00 09 Nov 03

cant get rid of this lovsan worm and the link does not work fore me above any ideas

VoG II 23:06 09 Nov 03

Start, Run, type in
shutdown -a

and click OK - this will give you longer than a minute.

Download the MS patch click here

Then run Stinger click here

tulix 23:24 09 Nov 03

click here on any link not working and cant get to ms patch update not working either?

VoG II 23:27 09 Nov 03

http:// support.microsoft.com/?kbid=281679

Copy this, paste into address bar, remove the space after // and click Go.

Follow the instructions.

tulix 00:04 10 Nov 03

Ok finally downloaded the patch ok there but stinger not picking anything up,avg picks it up and i click remove file or heal and it still remains.

VoG II 12:59 10 Nov 03

Removal tool click here

wizkidwall_03 13:35 10 Nov 03

This worm attempts to download the msblast.exe file to the %WinDir%\system32 directory and then execute it. W32.Blaster.Worm does not have a mass-mailing functionality
block access to TCP port 4444 at the firewall level, and then block the following ports, if you do not use the following applications:

TCP Port 135, "DCOM RPC"
UDP Port 69, "TFTP"
The worm also attempts to perform a Denial of Service (DoS) on the Microsoft Windows Update Web server (windowsupdate.com). This is an attempt to prevent you from applying a patch on your computer against the DCOM RPC vulnerability.

Symantec Security Response has developed a removal tool to clean the infections of W32.Blaster.Worm.
click here

GOOD LUCK Wizkid

tulix 22:20 10 Nov 03

Not sure if have got rid of the virus even after a format it still came up with the rpc.Used the blaster removal software and that found nothing,and my comp is very slugish to react to commands now.I had to format has my comp died on me, it got to a point where it would not boot to windows.now my scroll is jerky even with smooth scroll enabled,1 prob after another eh.

tulix 23:32 10 Nov 03

sorted out my scroll problem it was my vga software,still running slugish though

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…