system secruity virus

ballyboy 22:46 16 Feb 09

help i have installed on my comp norton internet secruity 2009 but sadly this has not stopped me being infected with a virus called system secruity it keeps saying i have been infected with a long list of items but then starts saying i have to down load it to help cure the problem.it will not let me delete it from my system.it doers not show up on my add and remove programes.i have contacted norton but they want £70.00 to help i do not if this is expensive or not as this is the first time this has happened to me.i asked if there was a software available that i could buy that would cover me 52 wks but they said not.can anyone help with this problem cheers al

provider 2 22:57 16 Feb 09

Read through this and then see if MBAM will remove it: click here

birdface 08:14 17 Feb 09

Maybe try this.It has a 30 day trial period but it will remove anything it finds.If after 30 days you no longer need it just remove it.
click here

ballyboy 21:00 19 Feb 09

still have the problem after trying the two items suggested what if i buy a anti virus software will this remove it or will i still have to have it removed by a pro cheers al

Rahere 21:16 19 Feb 09

Have you tied to run either of the programs suggested in safe mode? This is usually more effective, just make sure the programs are upto date before booting into safe mode and disconnect from internet too.

To enter safe mode press f8 on keyboard repeatedly at boot and select safe mode from options on the screen

I guess you've already considered removing Norton. Best to remove it at least for now in case it is locking files from being cleaned properly. Install again if you want after machine is clean.

Good luck

birdface 11:26 20 Feb 09

Hi.Looks like someone found a way to remove it.Maybe have a look and see if it helps you.

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5