System restored from serious error

caast©? 20:03 16 Apr 04

I get this alert box on my PC now every time I log on.

If you look at my post from a couple of days ago
click here

You will see I had problems, while fixing my friends PC, where I noticed I too had some problems when clicking links provided by formum members. I ran CWshredder, Pest Patrol, S&D and let them fix the problems reported.

Today I find memcheck in Pest patrol not working so did a re-install. When I tried PaintShop Pro eight I find that is not working, so Have tried to re-install it but have been unsuccessful.

My Pc is now crashing every now and then with the blue screen of Windows Shut down to avoid errors.

Yesterday I also added a further 512 meg memory taking me to 1gig. I thought this may be a problem (Uncompatable) so took 512 out and found it would not boot. I swapped two 256 sticks about still not booting put 512 back now so have 1024 and here I am working on the PC (but don't know for how long) This PC is WinXP Pro 2600, with 1024 meg ram.

Has anybody any suggestions?, is it a similar problem to stoners post, i.e corrupt registry or could it be the memory. or has the PestPatrol CWS etc got rid of something I did not want them to do. (I have just tried the links and find they still take me to a blank page, starting Http/// with three forward slashes. M

TommyRed 20:25 16 Apr 04

Can you do a system restore to a date before your problems? TR

TommyRed 20:26 16 Apr 04

Can you do a system restore to a date before your problems? TR

TommyRed 20:27 16 Apr 04

Sorry about the duplication but the site seems painfully slow. TR

caast©? 21:24 16 Apr 04

Yes I think I may have to, just had another crash, which is why I am taking so long in the reply,

Plus the Gunners are giving Leeds a thrashing on the box which is distracting my attention, not that I am a Gunners fan comming from Leeds, but maybe better for Leeds to be relegated, can only see them struggling the whole of next season if they manage to stay in the premiership.

Sorry forgetting this is a PC Forum, plenty of room on the Leeds website for that type of discussion.

caast©? 22:09 16 Apr 04

Before I did the last post I took out the 512 stick of memory, seems to have stablized (calmed down a little not had a crash for a while)

However I have not been able to get rid of the main problem.

I will post this then do a system restore see what happens, just want to move a few files to second HDD just in case. M

caast©? 10:28 17 Apr 04

I have done a system restore, but stil get the recovered from serious error alert box each time I log on.
A view of the data sent shows, the following can I do anything to get rid of this alert box. M

C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini041704-04.dmp
C:\DOCUME~1\Mike\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER1.tmp.dir00\sysdata.xml

VoG II 10:44 17 Apr 04

Driver problem? click here

caast©? 22:03 17 Apr 04

Thanks, However I have just download service pack1 and after installation, seems ok.

During installation however I got alert box regarding patch for Messenger and link

click here. When I got there linked to patch page which is asking for a one off payment. Also while typing this reply got an alert stating I could have spyware suggesting I log on to 3w.spw3e.com.

Do you know anything about these. M

VoG II 22:09 17 Apr 04

You have got something 'orrible!

Can I suggest that you click here and follow the comprehensive guidance on how to post a HijackThis log then post it in a new thread on that forum.

Hijack logs do not post well on here due to formatting and word count limit.

caast©? 21:02 20 Apr 04

Site in maintenece mode so cannot login/register

I ran run Adware Spybot RegMecanic but still having the problem when clicking links to download. Just get the blank page http:/// 3 slashes so cannot download any updates, for Zone Alarm, Adware, Norton or any other files.

All the checks show my system to be clean, and clean in user accounts for My wife and daughter.
M

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…