System restored no hard drive recognised

awesomefire 09:52 29 Mar 06

I have recently restored my computer back to original spec using the system restore discs that came with the computer. I have two drives, the original divided into two partitions which I can access but the other drive i cannot. The drive is showing in the control panel and still contains all its data but when i click on it it tells me to go to the control panel and install it. All the drivers are there so i dont know why i cannot access it, can anyone help?

Totally-braindead 12:11 29 Mar 06

Try going into BIOS and redetecting the hard drive. If that doesn't work you can right click on My Computer go to Manage and click on disk management and see if that gives a clue, also worth check the leads are in securely though if it wasn't I would have thought it wouldn't appear in Device Manager which is assume is what you checked it in under Control Panel.

Totally-braindead 12:11 29 Mar 06

Should have said, I assume its XP you have.

awesomefire 13:58 29 Mar 06

thanks for the info i will try it when i get home. The system runs under xp home and i havent touched the drive or leads just resored the c drive so obviously a software problem

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…