System Restore. Is yours OK ?

timothywilliam 17:47 02 Aug 07

Last week (posting on 24/07/07)I wrote to this forum because my System Restore had failed for no apparant reason and I wanted advice on how to get it back. I haven't been able to do so to date but to my amazement I discovered yesterday some other friends have also lost their System Restore programmes recently. Co-incidence or what ? This makes me wonder if we have downloaded a patch from Microsoft which has caused this. Their web site doesn't advise anything. Look in Help and Support and Tools and check if you have a red flag there. If so yours has gone down as well. And if you can get it back... please let me know how you did it !

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:25 02 Aug 07

Have a red flag but its working perfectly.

eedcam 18:25 02 Aug 07

possibly I lost mine also got it back through advice in this forum switch of restore you will lose all points reboot then switch it back on.I found then that you cannot goback to a previous Month because there are no points but as soon as August came up I could go back to july

Pine Man 18:27 02 Aug 07

If you search this forum for 'System restore' you will find it is one of the most notoriously unreliable programs to restore your computer from.

I use Vista now and before that XP. Both had System Restore and most times it worked - except, in my case, when I needed it most. There are all sorts of fixes and none have worked 100% for me.

My advice is keep it if you like and try using it if something goes wrong BUT always have a suitable alternative like True Image or Ghost or you will be really pi..ed off one day!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…