System Restore in XP

0006 15:15 11 Jan 03
  0006 15:15 11 Jan 03

The Gremlins are at work today...I uninstalled a trial version of McAfee Privacy software this morning and upon finishing it prompted me to reboot.
Since then, XP takes an eternity to start up, runs like treacle, some programmes fail to respond and the start menu/taskbar don't want to appear. No error messages though.
If I try to run System Restore through Control Panel/Performance and Maintenance double-clicking the icon does nothing. If I try through Safe Windows, I get an error message:
'System Restore is not able to protect your Computer. Please restart and run System restore again.' This achieves nothing.
If I try rebooting through 'Last known good configuration' I just return to the same problem.

Does anybody know if there is a way to run System Restore through the Start/Run.. menu?
and secondly,
Does anybody have any idea/experience of what has happened?

VoG™ 15:44 11 Jan 03

ellas 23:34 11 Jan 03

if that does not work post back and I will give you help to run s/restore from a command prompt.

0006 00:25 12 Jan 03

Thanks very much for your help. It worked. Panic over!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…