System restore XP

anniesboy68 20:10 22 Jun 04

My restore points have gone missing for June, even the ones I did today and yesterday. Ay expert out there know why, please.

Mikè 20:18 22 Jun 04

Reset System Restore as in my post click here

anniesboy68 20:33 22 Jun 04

Mike, thanks,will try and then see what happend.

anniesboy68 20:34 22 Jun 04

Sorry, that should be "happens"

Mikè 21:06 22 Jun 04

You will of course loose all the existing restore points, but I do think this is the best way to sort it out.

anniesboy68 10:33 23 Jun 04

No, not cured it!. I did two restore points last night, and they were there this morning. then, I did some opening of files, looking at the net etc, and then when closing it all the cptr became busy [hard drive activity] desktop icons flashing on and off, and when I checked the system restore, they were gone.

anniesboy68 16:25 23 Jun 04

I think I may have the answer. I am using the Steganos Security Suite and when I open or close the safe my restore point that I had created has dissapeared.I have contacted Steganos and await a reply. Anyone else had this problem????

anniesboy68 15:15 24 Jun 04

Is there anyone using this security suite, and having problems with System Restore on XP? Perhaps you're not aware of it.

anniesboy68 17:00 24 Jun 04

Just to update.....I have uninstalled Steganos suite for now, and all is well with System Restore. I still await a reply from Steganos!

Mikè 19:18 24 Jun 04

Yes there have been a few mentions here of problems concerning this program.

anniesboy68 11:08 25 Jun 04

Leave well alone methinks, only cost £9.95 at Aldi's anyway. Yes a few problems I see in the forum, not relating to this though, but a serios one of the code failing to open the safe amongst others!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…