System Restore won`t work.

Granny. 15:30 01 Nov 06

I ran a Virus check this morning, and got a warning that I had a Trojan worm, which apparently had corrupted a file, which couldn`t be found?

After looking at the help pages, I opened System Restore to try and go back, but it couldn`t do it.

I tries various highlighted dates, but each time I got the message that my computer couldn`t be restored to that point.

I then decided to do another Virus check, and this time it came back clear, so I have no idea what is going on!

Please has anyone got any ideas?

I have Windows XP and have Avast AntiVirus, ZoneAlarm, Spywarecatcher, AdAware and Windows Defender on my computer.

mammak 15:51 01 Nov 06

click here

hope this helps

Granny. 15:59 01 Nov 06

Thanks mammaks.
I see that carper suggests switching System Restore off then on again to clear it.

I know I`m going to sound absolutely stupid, but when I opened it, I couldn`t see where or how, to do that?

Also, someone else said that Windows Defender could be clogging it up.
I`ve only recently added that, so wonder if that could be the problem, and if I`d be better off uninstalling it?

All help very much appreciated. :)

mammak 16:04 01 Nov 06

I dont know about windows defender so cant advise there but to turn restore of go to system restore settings on the left hand side.

Granny. 16:05 01 Nov 06

Thank you Mammuk, I`ll go and have a look now.

Granny. 16:17 01 Nov 06

Thank you VERY much.

Turning it off, then on again has worked....

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…