System Restore and Windows Update

no brains 20:02 05 Apr 04

Last week I had problems with Netsky Virus, I still think I am having problems as i cannot get System Retore to show, I only get the blank screen but no info etc. I also am trying to run Windows Update but it keeps coming up with an official error message, tonight i opened up internet only for my home page default to go to some long set of numbers and symbols.
I am running XP, I have followed Symantec and Nortons but this is not resolving any of the outstanding problems from my previous issues.
Getting really annoyed with the problem as I am lost for answers.

VoG II 20:08 05 Apr 04

click here for the System Restore problem.

What is the exact message with Windows Update?

For the changed homepage Ad-aware click here Spybot click here and CWShredder click here

no brains 20:20 05 Apr 04

VoG, This is a copy from the update page if it helps.
Windows Update Error

Windows Update has encountered an error and cannot display the requested page.

Select from any of the following pages for information about Windows Update services, or send us your feedback.

Windows Update Home Page
About Windows Update
Support Information

You can also get online support if you are having problems with Windows Update.

Send error number to Microsoft (0x800A1391)
Note This sends error information but does not create a support incident; you may or may not receive a response.

VoG II 20:23 05 Apr 04

click here or possibly
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…