system restore for windows ME

ladydebs 13:08 06 Aug 03

can any 1 help me? I cannot do a system restore on my computer. It will start doing a restore thyen half way through the computer restarts itself and the message reads "restore unsuccessfull, no changes have been made to your pc"

The Transporter 13:22 06 Aug 03

Checkpoints That You Create After September 8, 2001 Do Not Restore Your Computer

for info
click here

to download

click here

:-)

pj123 16:51 06 Aug 03

You can't do a "system restore" in ME. You can do a "registry restore" though. What you need to do is restart your computer and keep hitting the F8 key until you get a menu. Choose Safe Mode Command Prompt Only and press enter. When you get to the C:\ prompt type in scanreg /restore and press enter. You will then get a window with the last five registry backups. Choose a date that is nearest to the date before the problem occurred, press enter and the registry will be restored. Don't forget the space between scanreg and /restore.

Fateful Thankful Shadow 17:02 06 Aug 03

I'm slightly confused. I just downloaded that patch thing direct from Microsoft (thankyou for the advice by the way!) and all works fine now. There is a system restore feature in Win ME. I've used it many times, before September 8th that is!

leo49 17:09 06 Aug 03

On the sauce again????? :o)

Of course there's system restore in ME - it might not work very well and go on the blink occasionally but it's definitely there.

Fateful Thankful Shadow 17:13 06 Aug 03

Thanks Leo49 for backing me up there. I thought I lost it for a second :P

Djohn 17:15 06 Aug 03

If Pete is on the sauce! Think I'll pop down the road and join him. :o)

pj123 22:57 06 Aug 03

leo49, No, I am not on the plonk. Tell me where System Restore is in ME because it would make my life easier. I only know about Registry Restore. I thought System Restore was only available with XP?

Fateful Shadow 22:59 06 Aug 03

I think that if you go into Start> Programs> Accessories> System tools> System restore.

I don't know exactly as I'm on my XP computer at the moment.

Search for it in the Help section from the start menu.

pj123 23:13 06 Aug 03

Fateful Shadow. Exactly, there is no SYSTEM restore in Win 98 or Win ME. Only REGISTRY Restore.

spuds 23:14 06 Aug 03

There is a system restore point within WME. But it can be a little weird at times. I had a problem with WME, and tried to go back to a previous restore point. The system did not work, and I found out that the Restore can 'dump' itself, if there is insufficient harddrive space available.Information via Microsoft.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…