System Restore Windows ME

drumlin 08:58 02 Aug 03

Having decided after many problems to restore the system I find that no matter which restore date I use the System Restore screen comes up but then absolutely nothing happens and then when I try to navigate away from System Restore the computer appears to have crashed.

Anyone know of a way of solving this ?

Philip2 15:58 02 Aug 03

You will have to format you hard drive and do a clean install i asume you have a start up floppy a OS disk. ALL DATA WILL BE LOST.

Jester2K II 16:18 02 Aug 03

Philip2 - bit extreme resolution!!!!!!!

drumlin - can you get in to Safe Mode??

What are the "many problems"?

"appears to have crashed" - what happens? Are you sure its not restoring??

esbe 16:36 02 Aug 03

Hi,had same problem,but just left it alone,came back about 10-15 mins later and it had just started to restore (tiny amount on progress bar). It finally took about 75 mins! Sometimes it only takes 2-3 mins. Go away and have a couple of bottles of wine while you're waiting, or better still try as Jester 2K II says try it in safe mode. cheers.

Philip2 20:36 02 Aug 03

Jester2k II
Indeed it is but some times you can waste hours in some cases,i tend to grab the bull by the horns as they say but that's me.

jakedawe 21:19 02 Aug 03

Reformat seems to be the standard reply, bit drastic, innit?

woodchip 21:34 02 Aug 03

Put you bios to start from CD as first boot, then start with WinME cd and reinstall over the top

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…