System restore on Win ME

palinka 18:12 02 Jul 05

I started a system restore on my pc that uses Win ME, and more than an hour later it's still not finshed. The message on screen says "this may take a few moments", but over an hour to do about a quarter of the task (judging by the length of the blue progress bar)???

It also warns "do not alter, open or delete any files or programs until restoration is complete", but I'd happily forgo the restoration as it's taking so long. What will happen if I simply ignore that warning and restart? When I use Sys Restore in Win XP it really is only a matter of moments, so is there something wrong with the process still crawling along on my Win ME?

VoG II 18:17 02 Jul 05

It should not take that long but if it still seems to be doing something I would leave it to complete. The results of a partial restoration could be unpredictable.

palinka 18:25 02 Jul 05

thanks, VOG; when I'd read your response I turned round to see how it was getting on and it had reached half way but within a second it had completed.

Would you say this time was normal for ME? well over an hour.

VoG II 18:26 02 Jul 05

It is a long time since I had ME and I only used SR a couple of times but I'm pretty sure it only took a matter of minutes.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…