System Restore will not work.

enviro 12:13 11 Mar 07

My husband used some info from Computer Active to speed up our computer, since then it will not go to any Restore Point you select.
He has not had the time to work out just what he did and although it is not a major problem, it worked before why not now?
We have Windows XP.
Thanks
Enviro's wife.

birdface 12:36 11 Mar 07

Have you tried Last good Configuration in safe mode.

provider 2 12:37 11 Mar 07

This might help: click here
Scroll down to Troubleshoot.

provider 2 12:58 11 Mar 07

Could he have pushed the slider for Restore Points space down too far?

provider 2 13:05 11 Mar 07

If so, Start> ControlPanel> System> click System Restore tab. Click Settings and adjust slider to 10%.

provider 2 13:11 11 Mar 07

Any joy?

postie24 13:37 11 Mar 07

Try here aswell click here

cowboy62 14:28 11 Mar 07

have u checked to see if system restore has ben turned of go to control panel/systems/sysyem restore on the tab on the top

enviro 14:52 11 Mar 07

Thanks all, have looked on these links, slider is set at 12% and I can't find out how to get to Disk Space Usage. I don't seem to have Performance & Maintenace in my Control Panel and if I click on Disk Clean Up it fails and sends an error report.
I think I've got gremlins!
Set Windows Defender on 7/3/07 going and it found Win32/SpyDawn but said it had suceeded in removing.....Norton did not show it at all.
Will try the safe mode next.

beeuuem 22:09 11 Mar 07

If you have Norton the self protect function prevents System Restore from working. It is necessary to turn this off to use System Restore see click here

provider 2 12:18 12 Mar 07

As good a reason to ditch Norton as any, I would have thought. I don`t like the way that site switches on my printer control panel either, without so much as a by-your-leave.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…