System restore will not work.

Luigimario5000 18:30 12 Jul 05

How come when I try and open System Restore it asks if i want to continue running scripts on the page. I exit and open system restore again. Now it is just a blank screen. I exit and try again. It comes up with the scripts question again! It continues to do that sequence. Could anyone tell me how to correct this problem?

woodchip 18:34 12 Jul 05

If it does not work, You have to turn it off and lose any Restore points it made. Then turn it back on and create a new Restore point

Luigimario5000 18:35 12 Jul 05

I have never used system restore, I have not created any system restore points.

Completealias 18:43 12 Jul 05

Windows will make system restore point automatically when you install new software or a system checkpoint at a certain ammount of time.

To turn off system restore right click my computer / properties / system restore tab and put a tick in the box turn off system restore. You'll then get a message I think saying this will delete all your restore points ok it, I'd then reboot and re-enable system restore and c if this sorts the problem out

Luigimario5000 19:20 12 Jul 05

I do not have a system restore tab in My computer properties

sattman 19:29 12 Jul 05

You have to use start/accesories/tools in Windows ME

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…