system restore using xp cd display options

hugoboss38 23:34 29 Nov 08

ive reinstalled xp on my pc but now when it opens everything is twice the size it was (its like its in safe mode but its not) and when the pop up comes up to ask you would you like xp to change the settings it dont do anything and when i go to the control panel and display settings it wont allow me to change the settings plz help what can i do to change it tried everything and nothing works ....
i also tried to run the system restore on the partition but when it boots up says its loading file DRMK version 8.00 but nothing happens left it running for ages still nothing plz help

Horza Bora 23:38 29 Nov 08

hi, did you format your hard drive and then reinstall? If so have you reinstalled your video card drivers??? If you have not then that may be why you cant change the display setings. Your using the on board graphics and not your card. Hope this helps.

DieSse 00:01 30 Nov 08

"when it boots up says its loading file DRMK version 8.00 but nothing happens"

This is the Dell Real Mode Kernel driver - Dells own substitute for the MSDOS facility hidden inside XP. This link

click here

refers to your problem - unfortunately I couldn't find the actual fix for it.

This link, and other forums refer to issues with the Dell Utility partition, after an update to it. which can result in your problem.

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017