System Restore & Spyware/Virus Scanning

Audeal 11:37 20 Feb 05

I have read in these threads on many occasions about turning off the system Restore then doing a Virus of Spyware scan.

I do my scanning on a daily basis and my computer is said to be clean. I have all the ususal programs including the new Microsoft AntiSpyware, which seems to be a great program.

I was wondering if it would benefit me by turning off System Restore and do a scan, or is this recomended only for stubborn Spyware or Viruses.

I don't see much point in turning it off if my comp. is clean. But maybe I am wrong. Can anybody tell me if I would benefit from this action.

Many Thanks. Audeal

VoG II 11:39 20 Feb 05

No there is no reason to turn off system restore. Every time you do this you lose all your restore points.

You only need to turn off system restore if malware is detected in a restore point. This would be unlikely in your case as you are doing daily scans.

Audeal 12:00 20 Feb 05

Hi VoG™. thanks for your reply. I was rather curious about wither it would be of benefit. So now I know. Many thanks. Take Care.

Audeal.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…