system restore and sp2

patso 20:38 20 Sep 04

is it safe to just create a restore point and not use nt back up before installing sp2 as i read on this site that it wipes out all previous restore points with its installation.also how many restore points do you need on your pc and how much space should you give to system restore
as i want to make sure its safe before installing

VoG II 21:04 20 Sep 04

SP2 did not wipe restore points on any of the three machines that I have upgraded. Windows will create a restore point automatically when it installs SP2.

patso 21:15 20 Sep 04

thanks vog but do you recommend just creating a restors point anyway to be safe and not using nt backup.whats the best in your opinion

VoG II 21:19 20 Sep 04

Personally I would just create a restore point. I would not use backup just because you are going to install SP2. You should of course backup regularly anyway.

The decision is yours.

patso 21:27 20 Sep 04

thanks again vog .can you tell me if i have too much space for systemrestore.its set at 12% and 4703 mb.is this too much space.thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…